cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amacdade New Member

Phaser 7750 suddenly slowed down, as in actual paper velocity, not time to process

I am trying to troubleshoot a Xerox Phaser 7750 that all of a sudden started printing extremely slowly, as in, the pages are moving through the printer at a slower speed than usual, which is resulting in increased paper curl and print times. This is a problem as this is our primary marketing printer, I replaced the fuser and the transfer roller to no avail. I checked the settings and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. I am frustrated by the "troubleshooting" manuals simply being illustrations on how to replace parts.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xerox Employee BenjaminG-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Phaser 7750 suddenly slowed down, as in actual paper velocity, not time to process

Hi amacdade,

It sounds like a heaver media type setting is being used than what it was set to before, this is usually the only thing that will cause the machine to slow down like this.

I would start by printing one of the internal demo pages and see if the same thing happens. If it does, check all of your tray type settings and make sure they are all correct. Printing on plain paper with a paper type setting such as card stock or heavy paper will not only slow the print process down, but will also cause significant curl as the fuser temperature is adjusted for the thicker media.

If internal prints work OK, it may be that the job is requesting a higher print quality or thicker media, which could be either a driver or job setting or could even be a driver or software glitch.

amacdade New Member

Re: Phaser 7750 suddenly slowed down, as in actual paper velocity, not time to process

Thank you for your help, yes, the paper setting was just a little bit off. Also, the new fuser helped apparently, I just spoke to the wrong person to diagnose it, but it didn't completely return it to its previous operating speed is all.

0 Kudos