cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 7760 thumbnail sized printouts

Jump to solution

We have a Phaser 7760 here with about 5 people printing on it. Whenever they print from certain Adobe software (mainly Photoshop) some of printouts come out the size of a postage stamp.It seems to be completely random, they could print 40 images, 30 of them will be postage stamp size, then print the same 40 images, and 35 of them won't come out right. It seems to be isolated to the Adobe software. The issue only occurs with the Phaser, and not other printers.

On the Adobe side, we have tried many different configurations, printing different things in different orders, turning off the printer when it happens, then printing.

On the Windows on side, we have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several different drivers but the problem still persists. I even had them print to a second Phaser 7760 in a different department and printouts still came out wrong.

Here are the different drivers we have tried:

Xerox Global Print Driver
Print server driver
Windows Postscript PPD Driver

Here are the printer specs:

Model: Phaser 7760GX
Serial Number: AUA200705
Firmware Versions: OS 6.1 / PS 5.2.1 / Eng 3.2.2 / Net 40.34.03.012010
RAM: 512MB DDR2

The users are printing from Windows 7 64-bit operating system over the network. I've tried setting up the printer with a local TCP\IP port and through a print server. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Phaser 7760 thumbnail sized printouts

Jump to solution

i think this is related to the paper size for the original format, define the original size as well as the output size in the driver

you can click on "other size" in the paper setup

0 Kudos
Highlighted
XPERT Analyst User
XPERT Analyst User

Jump to solution
Try running updated for the adobe suite and then go to the printing preferences in the print driver, go to the advanced tab, then expand image options, and then disable postscript pass through and see what happens after doing that. Please provide feedback.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks both for the input. I will try your suggestions out and get back to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I disabled postscript pass through as jphelps recommended and we've had hundreds of images printed with no small thumbnail sized printouts.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos