cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lindbladinho New Member

Phaser 8400 not printing black

We are having a problem with our Phaser 8400. It is hardly not printing the colour Black at all, despite there being plenty of black ink in the printer. I have tried the machine's own cleaning procedure for pale stripes and this did not work.

Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks!

Anders

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Phaser 8400 not printing black

Hello lindbladinho,

Does your machine show any faults?  I'm wondering if the ink stick has become wedged in the ink loader and isn't getting all of the way down to the melting plate.  Another reason for what you are seeing could be that the print quality mode you are selecting is not the best setting for what you are printing.  For instance, if you select Fast Color - Fastest full-color mode, useful for many images and previewing your work. Rapidly produces review documents; useful for rush jobs. Not recommended for documents containing small text, fine detail, or large areas of bright solid fill.  You might select Enhanced mode instead.

John

0 Kudos
lindbladinho New Member

Thank you John for your reply,

The color setting was already in Enhanced mode and, actually, changing the setting to Fast Color improved the printing quality somewhat (but not enough).

How would I go about to check the ink stick? Do you mean the stick that is pushing the color cubes down to the melting plate? If so, that to seem to be in order.

Kind regards,

Anders

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

You're welcome.

Have you tried to print in Black & White...

Phaser 8400 Knowledge Base

Take a look at this short solution that appears in the Knowledge Base.  This might work.

The link below is for a jammed ink stick that might be cracked or broken which is what I was asking you about in my previous post.  Check this link too.

Ink Stick jam

0 Kudos