cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countingsheep Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Phaser 8400 - test documents print color, others do not?

I have been trying to print files from microsoft word that did print in color before, but now they are only printing in greyscale? If I print the test document from the printer, all colors are showing? Is it possible that I have a setting turned off somewhere? I have looked everywhere I know to look.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Phaser 8400 - test documents print color, others do not?

Hello countingsheep,

Did you load Windows 7 on your computer(s) recently?  If so, the printer driver has a known issue that will cause an error like the one that you are describing. To fix this issue please visit the Xerox Online Support Assistant here on Xerox.com. I have pasted a link below for you.

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/phaser-8500-8550/support/enus.html

Click on the link above and enter, "color Windows 7" in the search field. Click on the first result (Only Prints in Black and White After Installing the Printer on a Microsoft Windows 7 OS). Hopefully these steps will resolve your issue. If you continue to have a problem please let me know.

John

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Hello John, I have tried numerous attempts to get my printer to connect to the Windows 7, but I am unable to get it done. What other suggestions do you have?

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Hello John, I have tried numerous attempts to get my printer to connect to the Windows 7, but I am unable to get it done. What other suggestions do you have?

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Hello countingsheep,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble still.  Let's start all over from the beginning with a fresh install.  What I mean by that is that you should start by uninstalling any and all previous drivers and then delete the 8400 from your computer.  Now that your computer has no drivers and the Phaser 8400 has been deleted, we can start from scratch.  Go to the Phaser 8400 Drivers & Downloads page and download the Windows 7 PostScript driver (Version 5.48.30).  Install the driver on your computer and let me know if there are any problems afterwards.

John

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Thanks John, I will do that once I have the printer serviced and will let you know if that takes care of it. Toni

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Hi Toni,

No problem. Keep me posted!

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Hey, I managed to get the drivers and printer removed, rebooted and downloaded the file version you mentioned. Do I need to wait til I get the printer back to connect it via usb in order to install the driver? Or? If I can connect to the printer wirelessly, that would be nice, but, I dont know if it is compatible wirelessly?

Did I download the correct one? I downloaded the

post script driver - Windows 2000/XP/03/08/Vista/Windows 7 PostScript 32-bit driver files for the Xerox Phaser 8400. This driver uses the Add Printer Wizard and offers full support of the printer-specific features for the Phaser 8400.  Microsoft WHQL Certified.

not the

web based post script driver installer Web-based PostScript driver installer for the Phaser 8400.   Microsoft WHQL certified. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Hey, I managed to get the drivers and printer removed, rebooted and downloaded the file version you mentioned. Do I need to wait til I get the printer back to connect it via usb in order to install the driver? Or? If I can connect to the printer wirelessly, that would be nice, but, I dont know if it is compatible wirelessly?

Did I download the correct one? I downloaded the

post script driver - Windows 2000/XP/03/08/Vista/Windows 7 PostScript 32-bit driver files for the Xerox Phaser 8400. This driver uses the Add Printer Wizard and offers full support of the printer-specific features for the Phaser 8400.  Microsoft WHQL Certified.

not the

web based post script driver installer Web-based PostScript driver installer for the Phaser 8400.   Microsoft WHQL certified. 

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Ok, so now you're just waiting for your printer then.  When you get it back you can hook it up via the USB and use either of those driver files from the Drivers & Downloads page.  The difference between the two is that one of them is 'automatic' while the other is 'manual'.  The web-based driver file is the automatic one.  It's the same driver either way you choose.  Here is the full description on both files...

The Web Based installer file is one that downloads the necessary files as the printer is being installed and then automatically adds the printer for you on your computer.  The PS driver file is just an exe file that extracts all the files into a folder on the C: drive and then opens the Add Printer Wizard for someone to manually install the printer.

You could potentially connect the printer to a wireless router, but I think you would need to connect your printer to the router via a Ethernet cable because there is no wireless capability in the printer.

0 Kudos