cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countingsheep Frequent Member
Frequent Member

Re: Phaser 8400 - test documents print color, others do not?

Hi John,Im still printing in greyscale. :( ,.and I am stumped on another issue. When I try to print something online that is in pdf format, it automatically reduces the size of the file to booklet printing, so, the file is actually only half the page. Is this a setting on the printer itself that I need to change? I have printed the pages from the printer, like a configuration page, and it prints full page as well as color.

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

OK, I take that back, I am printing in color. But the pdf files are printing as booklet printing. I cant get that to change at all? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Hi Toni,

Is it only pdf files printing as booklets or are all files printing in booklet form?  (Have you checked the scaling option to be sure it's not set to reduce the output to 50% size?)  You can check this setting in the driver...

For a Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 PostScript driver:
From the Layout tab, click Advanced, select Graphic, then select the desired percentage
for Scaling.

Let me know what you find and if the printer is printing all output in booklet form.

John

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Hi John, Yes, it is only pdf files and I get the errors with the pdf files too. I switched it  back to my windows xp computer and it prints the pdf files just fine as well as anything else. Where would I check the settings on my windows 7 pc?

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

The settings for the scaling can be found in the driver.  (Not sure why there was a distinction for the OS on a computer)  You should be able to follow the same process on your Win 7 PC.  Let me know if you have trouble.

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Ok, Im embarrassed, Im able to navigate pretty well around a pc, but I dont know where to find this. I went to start> devices and printers, and wasnt able to find anything there?

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

I apologize, that's my fault.  After I posted that msg it occurred to me that I should have been more descriptive.  When you opened the Devices and Printers page, did you see your Phaser 8400?  If yes, then right click on it and select Printing Preferences.  In the lower right corner of the Printing Preferences page you should see an Advanced button.  Click on the Advanced button and then in the Graphic section you should find Scaling.  That should be set to 100%.  If not, change it to 100% and then reprint the pdf file to see if it prints correctly now.

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

Ok, its not the same terminology as you used, but I got there and it is set to 100%.. I can do a screen shot if you need me to.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

All right.  That was a shot at what could be the problem.  (We can skip the screenshot for now.)  Might need one later though if I can't figure this out.  Since it's only the pdf files that are printing at about 50% size, that tells me that the Phaser is probably not the culprit.  Something in Adobe seems to be incorrect.  Do all pdf files print at about half size or just this specific file?

0 Kudos
Frequent Member

All of them do. I wondered if Adobe may be the problem... but if you cant help me with that, I understand. I do have a question otherwise though about the printer.. since I already have your attention. :)

0 Kudos