All of them do. I wondered if Adobe may be the problem... but if you cant help me with that, I understand. I do have a question otherwise though about the printer.. since I already have your attention. :)
All of your pdf files print half size and only on the Win 7 computer? The XP computer can print the same pdf files just fine? I just did a search on Google about the issue of reduced output using Win 7 and pdf files. It seems that others have had the same problem and it was suggested that the person go to Adobe for help. I assume that there may be a glitch in the Adobe s/w. Do you know whether or not you have the most recent Adobe version installed on your Windows 7 PC? If not, download the latest version and see if that makes a difference.
What's your other question? :smileyhappy:
I will check with the adobe issue. Other question- when printing, it seems I am frequently gettingI a paper jam and it says that the maintenance kit is missing, does this mean I need a new maintenance kit? How long should they last ( guesstimate)? It seems the paper jams here recently are occurring simultaneously with the maintenance kit missing message. I pull the maintenance kit out, put it back in and it proceeds to print. But may jam on the next page that is printing.
Here are a couple articles that may help. They explain the maintenance kit and the various messages that show up on your printer. You may have seen one or more of these messages recently.
Solution: Replace Maintenance Kit messages
1. The Replace Maintenance Kit in XX Pages message is a warning message that appears when the maintenance kit has approximately 1000 pages remaining. This is a courtesy message to remind you to order a replacement maintenance kit. The printer will continue to print.
2. The Replace Empty Maintenance Kit message is a hard stop that will prevent the printer from printing, including internal pages, until the maintenance kit is replaced. The maintenance kit has reached end of life (no pages remaining).
3. The Replace Empty Maintenance Kit message will follow once the Replace Maintenance Kit in XX Pages message has reached zero (0).
4. The Maintenance Kit life remaining can be found through the printer's front panel under Information-Supplies Info-Maintenance Kit Life or by printing out the Usage Profile page (Information-Information Pages-Usage Profile).
Solution: Check the maintenance kit counter
1. Open the right side door of the printer
2. Pull out the orange maintenance kit
3. Locate the small metal counter. If the counter has ink or debris on it, clean with an alcohol dampened cloth.
CAUTION: Be very careful when cleaning the counter. Getting any alcohol on the oil roller will cause print quality issues.
Hi John, I havent gotten that far yet... Im now here:
Error - 07,007.40
I just brought it home from the shop, and was having problems with paper jams and came up with this error:
errors 04,024.45 after running the wiper alignment test getting the following info: green light,
RO - 196,0000 and R1 3652,0000 then I proceeded to turn go back to the customer side... and came up with the 07,007.40 error.
I cant afford to take it back again! :(
Is this something I can do?
Uh oh! I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but those two faults require a service call. I can't do anything to help. The repair shop that you just got your printer back from should have tested your printer before giving it back to you. The 07,007.40 fault is a printhead tilt fault. I don't have any information on that fault so unfortunately I can't help you. I would take it back to the repair shop and complain that they didn't give it back to you in working condition and even demand that it be fixed for no additional charges. It couldn't hurt!
I'm sorry Toni, I wish that I could help you!