cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillLee Member

Re: Phaser 8550 not printing

Jump to solution

Finally made it home. Downloaded and installed the latest firmware. No luck. :smileysad:

Printer now looks like this:

Version Information
        Printer Model   Phaser 8550DP
        Printer Serial Number   WYP343312
        Machine Address 00:00:aa:a1:3a:8a
        Operating System        4.354
        PostScript      4.12.10
        Networking      30.34.10.12.2006
        Engine  22.L0.4.12.10
        Adobe PostScript Version        3016.101 (2)

Still nothing but blank paper being output when a print job is sent.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Jump to solution

I'm sorry that didn't resolve the issue.  I thought that it might do the trick for you.  At this point, you should try calling the folks in 2nd Level.  If for some reason they are not able to find a solution, they can get help from the Xerox Engineers and that should get you fixed up.  The number for U.S. and Canada support for Phaser products is 1.800.835.6100.

John

0 Kudos
BillLee Member

Jump to solution

To follow up and close out this thread:

After two months not being able to deal with the printer, I was finally able to get back to it today. And I have been successful in getting it working again! :smileyvery-happy:

The problem was a very bad paper jam! There was a page that was wadded up so far down inside that it didn't show at all until you looked down into the printer from the back! It was very difficult to remove. I had to take a few parts loose on the top front of the printer in order to get sufficient access to the jammed paper. But once I was able to get it out, the printer is now operational. And it didn't cost me any money! :smileyhappy:

Given that that was the problem, I simply don't understand how I was ever able to get sheets through the printer, blank or otherwise! Oh, well....

Thanks to all for the contributions.

Regards,

Bill Lee

0 Kudos