cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSmith New Member

Phaser 8560 Windows 8 Selecting Print Quality

I cannot figure out how to select print quality in Windows 8 or Windows 7.

On my Windows Vista machine I a can select a lower quality that prints faster, but cannot find that setting for Windows 8 or 7. I have installed the newest Windows 8 driver.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Agency Analyst JordanAXAUQE-AA
Agency Analyst

Re: Phaser 8560 Windows 8 Selecting Print Quality

Jsmith,

Did you download the Xerox 8560 PS Driver?It sounds like you are using a PCL driver... Visit this download section to download the latest PS driver. Make sure you select Windows 7 and depending if you are x32 or x64 selec the appropriate system. After you download and install this driver under the Printing Properties or Peferences you will be able to select your Print Quality options:

• Fast Color
  • Standard
  • Enhanced
  • Photo

Thank you,
Jordan

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

If someone helped you make sure you give Kudos for their efforts! Don't forget to Select Accept as Solution if the reply resolved your issue as it will be able to help others!
0 Kudos
JSmith New Member

Thanks for the reply, but that did not correct the issue for my Windows 8 PC. I did install the PS driver and restarted the PC, but it still does to present those options.

• Fast Color
  • Standard
  • Enhanced
  • Photo

I can only select color or b/w printing. There is no quality option to be found. I have checked the printing preference from the control panel/device managaer and then the default printer with the PS driver.

However, it did work for my Windows 7 PC. Thank you

Do I just need to wati for a Windows 8 PS Driver?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Agency Analyst JordanAXAUQE-AA
Agency Analyst

JSmith,

The driver for Windows 7 should work with you Windows 8. Lets see if someone more familiar with Windows 8 will respond.

Thank you,
Jordan R.
Systems Analyst / Consultant
Fiery Certified Professional

0 Kudos
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey!

I did install this on our Windows 8 pc, and everything seems to work out fine.

I tried both the 8560 and 8560MFP (Postscript) for Win 7, and both does give these settings.

PIC:

FOR SOME REASON I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO UPLOAD A PIC :(

Untitled.png

Edit: now it worked, uploaded it to my profile ^^

Thanks!