cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Phaser 8860MFP: Printing blank page after certain content print.

I regularly print from a certain website, and only when I print from that specific website the printer puts out a blank page after every page I print. I've tried resetting the printer, that didn't help. I don't know what else to do.

It also makes a lot of noise when printing.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Phaser 8860MFP: Printing blank page after certain content print.

Hey you!

If it only happens from ONE specific website it's the formatting of that website thats at fault.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hmm alright, but since I use this quite regularly and often have to print a large amount of different forms from the same website, is there any way to fix it? I'll try saving it as an image and then printing it instead of directly from the website.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

What website are you on when this happens?

I can see if I can recreate the problem.

Best Regards

Kimzi

Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It's a subscription based assessment website for properties, called BC Assessment. Anytime I print a property report, the printer puts out a blank page after. So far I've found that saving the report as an image and then printing it bypasses the problem, but it feels like a band-aid solution at best :/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again, Vamsi!

It could be a raster/vector problem, try going to advanced settings -> Image Options -> Graphics mode, and change that to raster and see if that helps.

It could also be a font issue, try changing "Truetype font" to "Download as softfont" and "Truetype font download option" to "Download as Bitmap", see if that corrects the issue.

Otherwise I suggest you look up the contact page on the homepage, and see if they can help you with this.

Best Regards

Kimzi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Where do I navigate to find these options? I've looked under "Printer preferences" and "Printer properties" but I can't find any mention of a raster/vector option or Truetype font, even under the "Advanced" tabs x_x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hey you!

It depends a little on what OS you are using.

Should be something like this:

Go to Start -> Devices and Printers -> Printing Preferences -> Advanced

Best Regards

Kimzi

0 Kudos