Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ssen New Member

Photoshop CS6 on Win 7x64 prints only letter size on Workcentre 7655

Jump to solution

Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7x64.

Not matter what I do, the 7655 will not let me choose any paper size other that US Letter. I can go into the "Print Size" dialog box and choose tabloid or legal, or choose a different tray, but when I get back to the Print dialog box, print size reverts to US Letter. I do not get the same problem with other printers.

Please help, this is driving me nuts.

10 Replies
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Photoshop CS6 on Win 7x64 prints only letter size on Workcentre 7655

Jump to solution

Hi ssen,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at this solution for making sure the print driver settings mach the paper tray settings.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
ssen New Member

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your answer. Photoshop's  print dialog box looks different from other applications, but I made sure to choose either the right tray, or the right paper size, and it still does not work. I always have legal paper in tray #1 and 11x17 paper in tray #2. So, all I should have to do is choose legal or tabloid in the print dialog and it should just work.

This works with Indesign and Illustrator on the 7655, and this also works with Photoshop and other printers, f.e. Xerox 4110. But it just doesn't work with Photoshop and the 7655.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
DenisP61 New Member

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with another program.

I found 2 solutions :

1 - I installed the same printer driver twice. I now have 2 printers installed for the same printer.
The first one is set to letter paper and the second one is set to legal parper.
When we need to print on legal paper we choose the second printer.

2- I changed the Xerox driver for a HP PLC 6 driver and the printer now select the good format.

The problem seems to be the Xerox driver.

0 Kudos
sheilarwa New Member

Jump to solution

I have this same issue. CS6 and Workcentre 7655. I have no issue with the other Adobe products. I really need to find a solution.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We have a Xerox WorkCentre 7435 PCL6, and I have been having a similar problem. I found a workaround in Photoshop CS5, which I will describe in case it is helpful to others. I just upgraded to Photoshop CS6 however, and the workaround no longer works with it. Instead I get an error message if I print a Job History Report. The message is partially cut off at the right margin of the page, but the part I can read says, "Completed with error(016-799): Print Instructi...on Fail detected in Decomposer." (The ellipsis indicates the part of the message that is cut off. What follows it appears on the next line down. I downloaded all updates to CS6 to see if that would help, but it did not.

Here is the workaround that worked for me on CS5:

1) Click on "Print Settings" in the Print dialog

2) On the pulldown Paper menu, select "Advanced Paper Selection"

3) Select the tray where your tabloid (or legal) sized paper is loaded

4) Click on the button at the right end of the "Paper Size" field to display the Paper Size dialog.

5) Click on the down arrow button at the right end of the "Original Document Size" field and select "Tabloid" (or "Legal") from the menu.

6) Click OK to close each of the open dialogs til you get back to the Print dialog and then print your document. The print preview should update to show you a preview reflecting the selected paper size. (This may take a few seconds to happen.)

This worked for me in CS5. Unfortunately, as noted above, it does not seem to work in CS6. The only workaround I can come up with for CS6 is to save the file as a PDF and then print it from Acrobat. This works without a problem, but it's a lot of trouble to go to every time I have to print something other than letter size.

If anyone finds a better workaround in CS6, please let me know.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Update to my previous post about this problem: I have found a fix--at least for my particular problem. I downloaded the PostScript (PS) driver for our Xerox 7435 and installed it. Now I can print Tabloid size from Photoshop CS6 without issue. (The color actually seems to be more accurate using the PS driver as well.)

Hopefully this will work for other Xerox printers having this problem as well.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Here is a link to the driver page where the PS driver for the WorkCentre 7435 (built-in driver, not EFI Fiery) can be found:

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7425-7428-7435/downloads/enus.html?associatedProduct...

Here is the page for the EFI Fiery driver:

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-7425-7428-7435/downloads/enus.html?associatedProduct...
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Oops... "built-in controller" -- NOT "built-in driver. :-)
0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi trobinson,

Thank you for coming back and sharing what worked for you.  I am sure this will help other users as well.  I appreciate you taking the time to update your post. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos