cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkohut New Member

Print Job Says Completed, but does not move from Active Queue to Completed Queue

We have a situation where we are periodically having Xerox 5150 Multi-Function devices which are able to print a print job and the status in the main queue on the devices control panel says "Completed" but it does not move out of that queue and into the Completed queue. Other jobs then backup and just show "Pending". The device is not completely locked up (i.e. we can move to view queues through the control panel). When we try to get the information on the Completed job, it will show us nothing, but the next item in the queue (there are often quite a few pages of jobs, so there is a quite a bit of activity on the device) we are able to get status on, but we cannot do anything with the Pending job (cannot Promote, etc...) because of the "stuck" completed job. We are using a pretty new version of the Xerox Universal Print Driver. Since the whole Xerox device is not "locked up" (i.e. it is responsive from the control panel), this sounds like a processing bug in the software/firmware on the Device itself, and not the Print Driver. As stated above, the "Completed" job is printing. The only thing we can do to get the Xerox to resume printing is to do a complete Restart of the device. Then, the "Completed" job prints again and the "Pending" jobs will then follow without issue.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction on this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Print Job Says Completed, but does not move from Active Queue to Completed Queue

Hello jkohut,

Help can often be found in the Xerox Online Support Assistant here on Xerox.com. The knowledge base articles contain step by step instructions, many with color photos, to help resolve all sorts of problems. I have included a link below to the 5150 MFP Knowledge Base for you. 

http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-5135-5150/support/enus.html

When you access the Knowledge Base, just type the following in the search field, "completed job in queue no delete" and then click on the first search result which should be, "Jobs Stuck in the Job Status Queue and Will Not Delete. No Error Messages or Fault Codes Are Displayed." From there, click on the first solution and see if that helps clear up the issue.

If this does not resolve your problem, please call the Xerox Customer Technical Support line at 800-821-2797. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
jkohut New Member

Re: Print Job Says Completed, but does not move from Active Queue to Completed Queue

Thank you for pointing this out.

I DID make some attempt at searching for a KB article. Since this KB article doesn't have a date that I could find, it may be that it is recent enough that it wasn't there when I originally searched.

Now that I know this is a Known Issue, maybe I can get my Xerox techs to work the issue and push for a resolution (as, in my opnion, restarting the device is a work around but there is something that is causing the issue and that should be addressed to FIX the root cause). The fact that the device is still functioning, but isn't supplying a root cause seems to be a bug software that needs to 1) trap the cause of the error and/or 2) create a watchdog that at least fixes the problem.

Thanks again for your time. I will let our Xerox tech know that this is a known issue.

0 Kudos