cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyl New Member

Print error 17-562 - review SMart eSolutions settings

Hi,

When printing 100 pages only two pages get printed and I get the message below:

-- 17-562 message - machine unable to contact the remote Xerox SMart eSolutions Communication Server. review SMart esolutions settings --.

How do I get to the setup page to review the SMart eSolutions settings on Windows 7 ?  The printer is not registered for SMart eSolutions

Printing from windows 7 X64 with the xerox Global print driver to a Xerox workcentre 7665.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions

Tonyl

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Print error 17-562 - review SMart eSolutions settings

what kind of device do you have?

0 Kudos
tonyl New Member

Printing from windows 7 X64 with the xerox Global print driver to a Xerox workcentre 7665.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions

Tonyl

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

smart e solutions has nothing todo with windows 7 or driver, its a machine feature

in order to have it to work, the machine must be configured with the correct tcp ip and dns setting to connect to internet

more info : http://www.support.xerox.com/support/WC7655_WC7665/support/en_US.html?objGUID=5835

0 Kudos
tonyl New Member

Hi,

I am not trying to use eSolutions. I want to know why it intefers with printing or at least I would like to know how to get to the settings. I cannot find where the program is installed on the PC.

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

smart esolutions (the error you got) has nothing todo with printing or an application on your pc, just turn it off on your device or configure it properly so you dont have the error anymore 1) on some xerox devices upgrade to the last firmware 2) make sure your ip, subnet, gw and dns, proxy is configured so the machine is able to contact the smart e solutions portal
0 Kudos