cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Printer Needs Restarted Every Time a Print Command is Issued After Sleeping.

Product Name: VersaLink® C405 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina

Every time my printer goes into sleep mode and I come back to print on it the printer is not detected on any devices unless I restart the printer.  Can you please advise me of the steps I need to take to solve this problem on my Apple devices.  Thank you.

14 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Printer Needs Restarted Every Time a Print Command is Issued After Sleeping.

Hi ,

Go to EWS  "printer web page " > Connectivity > Ethernet > Common >Edit > IP mode and make it IPV4 

if it still then update the software to the latest SPAR  !

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Printer Needs Restarted Every Time a Print Command is Issued After Sleeping.

I checked the software version and it is running 68.50.61.  According tot the instructions I need a bridge version xx.59.01.  Is that correct? (If so please provide me with the bridge file)  

Also, a few more bugs. When I attempt to update the software from the printers IP adress website it will fail to connect.  When atttempting to update from the printer itself it also fails to connect.  Another problem is when I put in the IP address of the printer in my browser it does not load unless I restart the printer.  Is the next current step to update the firmware in light of these new bugs? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I checked the software version and it is running 68.50.61.  According tot the instructions I need a bridge version xx.59.01.  Is that correct? (If so please provide me with the bridge file)  

Yes it is correct , and try to upgrade using the Device’s Embedded Web Server

this is the 68.59.01 (Bridge Release)  and at this point i recommend to create a clone file JUST IN CASE

and this is the  68.61.01 SPAR Release  

Also, a few more bugs. When I attempt to update the software from the printers IP adress website it will fail to connect.  When atttempting to update from the printer itself it also fails to connect.  Another problem is when I put in the IP address of the printer in my browser it does not load unless I restart the printer.  Is the next current step to update the firmware in light of these new bugs? 

these things are not a bugs , it is mentioned in the 68.61.01 Installation Instructions that Before upgrading to the new firmware 61.01 and higher, you must be sure the device has a version that can read the encrypted files. If you attempt to install the encrypted file on a version older than the bridge release, it will fail and you will need to power the device off and back on to recover

Please select "Accept Solution" and or select the  Kudos for posts that may resolve your issues.

Regards !

Highlighted

What is a clone file, how do I make one and how do I install it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi jasemon

the cloning feature copies configuration settings and Web templates from a device and stores
the settings in a file so you can re configure your printer or apply the settings to another same model printer  whenever need by uploading this file instead of configure it manually .

check this article which is related to VL C405 to know how create or to apply a clone file 

Create or Install a Clone File Using the Embedded Web Server 

Please select "Accept Solution" and or select the  Kudos for posts that may resolve your issues.

Regards !

Highlighted

I completed the instructions and successfully updated.  However, the problem persists after being functional for a day.  What are the next steps?

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Again

Go to EWS  "printer web page" and login as Admin > System >Power Saver >Power Saving and

select ”Keep USB Ports Awake”, select “OK 

USB.png

Regards !

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I will monitor the printer for the time being to see if the solution is effective.  For the time being, I would like to save paper and ink that is expended during every restart.  Is there a way I can turn of the printed report after each startup for more efficiency with resources in my office?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi 

Go to EWS  "printer web page" and login as Admin > System >Defaults and Policies >Start up page > select disable

Regards !