cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
10 Replies
PiPe

Re: Printer is not showing up on Xerox Print and Scan Experience in Windows 11 / Windows 10

Hi Kalhol5935,

Thank you for the response with some advice.

On Windows 11 we have used the PrintMetadataTroubleshooterX64.exe as administrator.

We where able to recover the WorkCenter 6515 in the Application "Xerox Print and Scan Experience" and works so far with Scanner and Printing.

On Windows 10 we have used the PrintMetadataTroubleshooterX64.exe as administrator. On the Windows 10 we have the message: "Troubleshooter not applicabel since metadata packages not found".

So on Windows 10 we where not able successfuly restore the WorkCenter 6515. There must be other issue that we can't add the  WorkCenter 6515 to "Xerox Print and Scan Experience" Application.

Thanks,

PiPe

0 Kudos

Re: Printer is not showing up on Xerox Print and Scan Experience in Windows 11 / Windows 10

I spoke with support and this is an issue with Microsoft. They provided me a solution that was given to them from Microsoft support until they can role out a proper solution.

Link to tool download

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=105763 

Make sure to follow the KB article associated with the tool in the link above and that should lead you towards a temporary solution until Microsoft sends out a patch.

KB article to look for: KB5034510 

More information:

How to get this troubleshooter

This troubleshooter tool is available on the Microsoft Download Center. Download the file appropriate for your device as listed in the “File Information” section.

How to use this tool

• When it is run by enterprise administrators, correcting printers for all users and sessions on a system requires running the tool as the Local System account. Tools such as PsExec or Windows Task Scheduler can run commands as Local System.

• When it is run by users managing their own printers, this tool must be run using administrative credentials. The following are recommended steps to execute the file and confirm it worked:

1. Click Start, type cmd, right-click Command Prompt, and then select Run as Administrator.

2. In the opened command prompt, type cd /d “[path_to_downloaded_tool]” and then press Enter.

3. Type the name of the file appropriate for your device from the list below (for instance PrintMetadataTroubleshooterX86.exe) and then press Enter.

• The tool will return the message Troubleshooter completed successfully on devices where incorrect printer information was found/fixed. Or, it will return the message Troubleshooter not applicable since metadata package not found on devices that are not affected.

NOTE Icon and metadata changes may take a couple of hours after the tool completes.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
AL_IT

Additional info:
The four PCs that can use the app are on Windows 10 Home. Everything else is using 11 Pro.

0 Kudos
AL_IT

Yes, scanning is the main point behind using the app. Every other "basic feature" is available within Windows itself. You and I understand how easy it is to simply use "Scan to" and select a PC, but standard ID10T computer users need cheesy apps to accomplish basic functions from their Windows Desktops. After further researching this issue inhouse, of the thirty PCs I have connecting to 7 Xerox printers, only 4 dont have this issue and they are all on what I can determine to be the latest release (Xerox Print and Scan Experience V.7.0 Bld 8.73.10.0).

0 Kudos
Woliwon
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You don't need to use the app with a V3 driver.. unless you're trying to scan? But your device supports scanning by smb or smtp.. 

0 Kudos
PiPe

Hi Woliwon,

Thanks for the respons.
Have allready tryed with V3 driver. As long as the printer do not show up in the Xerox Application it do not help.

Thanks,
PiPe
0 Kudos
PiPe

Hi JudySolo,

Thanks for the respons.
Unfortunately information you mention do not help and do not address the issue.
Thanks,
PiPe
0 Kudos
Woliwon
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It's a microsoft issue. Download the global print driver. V3 driver is better than V4 driver anyway and no need for print and scan experience app.. 

0 Kudos
AL_IT

This EXACT scenario just started happening to multiple PCs at my facility after last weekends Windows updates. I have the same setup and versions as you. We need a solution for this as well.
0 Kudos
JudySolo-Xerox
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi There,

This may not be set up correctly to include scan. This link provide information on the V4 Print and Scan Platform Architect, https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/2158662. Check to ensure it is set up correctly.

This link is a video of how to use the app including the scanning portion, https://www.support.xerox.com/en-us/article/en/2158662.

If you are still having issues after trying these steps, I suggest that you call into our support department for assistance at 1-800-821-2797 or 1-800-835-6100.

Thanks,
JudySolo-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!