cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Printer is printing a code at the bottom of every page

Hi,

I cannot find the solution for this issue.  The printer is printing a strange code-like string of numbers at the bottom of every page, no matter what application I use.     

example:

17:122:117:4:81:74C:1364D:889960    /2513353129     M:690/1253454:181

It is different every time.  

Can someone please assist me in removing this as it is ruining my printouts.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Printer is printing a code at the bottom of every page

Hi cracicot,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. You do not mention which machine you are using.  I would suggest checking the online support for your machine.  If you have the bates stamp feature on your machine turn it off and see if that resolves the problem.  If not please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have a Xerox Phaser 3200MFP connected via USB to my windows 7 64bit laptop.

I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled PCL5, PCL6, PS and Global drivers but they are all doing the same thing.

It might be possible that I am uninstalling them incorrectly, but I doubt it as I have tried both print management and printui.  It was not doing this for my manager when it was hooked up to his computer so it is definitely computer/driver related, and I have tried to install on my 32bit laptop with the same dismal results.

I have contacted customer support and have been back and forth 3 times and they have given me no help whatsoever, other than to tell me is is a postscript issue and to replace the drivers.  

Is there something I am missing, either from a procedural issue in uninstalling/reinstalling, or from a specific driver I should install?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi cracicot,

Please follow these instructions to remove all versions of the driver.  Reboot your computer after you have uninstalled the driver(s).  Then install the PCL driver and try again.  Please make sure your machine is at the current firmware level and upgrade if needed. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos