cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RobertQ New Member

Printer won't print multiple copies - print preferences overriding individual program print settings

Hello

I'm trying to fix a problem with the phaser 8560. Right now the printer won't print out multiple copies. When I go around to print preferences from the control panel, I can see in the advanced settings that copies is set to '1', and is changeable. When I change copies to another number, say 5, I print out five copies of the document, regardless of the number of copies I set in the document I want to print (powerpoint or word, for example). It seems that this setting in the print preferences is overriding the settings in other program. How would I disable or fix this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Printer won't print multiple copies - print preferences overriding individual program print sett

normally you should need to setup this in the printing preferences, let it be on 1

if you open word and you make 5 copies in the word setting, then word will override the 1 in the printing preferences for THAT specific job

0 Kudos
RobertQ New Member

Re: Printer won't print multiple copies - print preferences overriding individual program print sett

That's the exact problem - word isn't overriding the 1 (or whatever I set it to) in print preferences, but the 1 is instead overriding whatever I set as the number of copies in word.
0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

maybve its a driver issue? what driver version are you running? there is a new global out with vs : 5.216.19 , maybe you can try that one?

0 Kudos
shakeypuss New Member

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same problem even after I download the latest printer driver.

0 Kudos
Lucius_Snow New Member

I've got the exact same problem. Has anybody found a solution ? This occurs with Seven 64 bit, not XP 32 bit.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Star_Pilot New Member

Try using the 8500 driver.  It gave us all the features of the 8560 driver plus control over the number of copies printed.  Like me, you might not like the idea, but it works. 

0 Kudos