cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agency Analyst RandalAXDHWC-AA
Agency Analyst

Printing Mixed color documents on WC7545

Hello,  

We are trying to print a mixed color and black and white document from Publisher on a Xerox WorkCentre 7545.  The results seem to always use and count color on every page.  We have tried making sure that all of the pictures and fonts are black and white, but are still getting color clicks on the machine. Also, although the pictures are black and white, when printed out they appear to have color in them.

Any suggestions on what I can do to solve this issue?

Thanks

6 Replies
Xerox Employee JohnM-Xerox
Xerox Employee

Re: Printing Mixed color documents on WC7545

Hello RMedlin,

It would appear that you are running in one of the color modes and not black & white mode.  Try the following steps and see if there is any difference.

Open the file to be printed

Click [File] to open the drop down menu

Click [Print] to open the print dialog box

Select the WC7545 printer

Click the [Preferences] button

Select the [Color Options] tab

Select the Black & White radio button

Click [OK]

Click [Print]

0 Kudos
smurf New Member

I have the same problem. A4 document colour 1 side, 100%K the other.(not 4 color black)

Counter shows 2 colour clicks. Surely it should be 1 black & 1 color.

Over 250 copies this means where we thought black was say 2c a copy its costing us 7c...(cos it's color)

IOts costing us more to print than we sell it for!!!

Please help..... desperate!!!

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Hello smurf,

Two things come to mind...

1. Make sure that the B/W side of your original is exactly that.  If there is even one pixel that is color, the machine will detect that and it will count as a color click.

2. Check to make sure that you have selected "Auto Detect" when setting up the jobs color setting.  As I am sure you know, if you select color then you'll get 2 color clicks.  If you select B/W then you'll get 2 mono clicks and both sides of your output will be mono of course.  If you select Auto Detect it should see that one side is color and the other is mono and count the clicks appropriately.  We have tried this on one of our machines and it works as it should.

Please check these two things and post back to let us know if you still have issues.

John

0 Kudos
CWLAW New Member

This seems like a basic function of this type of equipment but I have sthe same problem.  I notice it when printing from a pdf.  I have printed black text on an HP.  scanned the document on our Xerox in black mode and when I print the pdf it still wants to count it color.

0 Kudos
Xerox Employee

Hello CWLAW,

Without knowing too much about the HP that created your original, it may be possible that the HP printed in process black (using CMY and K to produce Black) and that your WC7545 scanner recognized the color pixels. Or HP black may not be true black and your WC7545 scanner sees it as color.  However, if you selected "black" and it counted as color, then there may be an issue in the software that Xerox needs to fix.  If that is the case, please call Xerox Customer Service and ask to speak with 2nd Level Support and explain that when you select black and white mode and print a job - the output is counted as color.

John

0 Kudos
CWLAW New Member

Thanks for the reply.  It was printed on an HP4100 black printer.  I have spoken with 2nd level already and they could not fix it or explain it.  oh well, it's just money.  With all of the issues I have experienced with this equipment it would lead me to believe it was never tested before rollout.  Glitchy is the best way to describe xerox equipment and everything is a software issue.  I have had more calls in the first two months of my lease than in the entire 3 years of my last equipment lease.

0 Kudos