cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevec5088 New Member

Printing PDF from Windows 7 on WorkCentre 5645?

I just added a Windows 7 computer in our office, and setting up printing to the WorkCentre 5645 went fine.   However, whenever I print a PDF document to that printer, it rotates the page 90 degrees and shrinks the text, so the page appears on one half a page.

I cannot find any option to get the page to print in portrait mode and fill the page.

The platform is Windows 7, and the PDF print is running out of Adobe Reader X, v. 10.1.1

Also, we have a report we run, and select the output tray=Tray 2.   But I have to select Tray 3 to get it to print using Tray 2.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Printing PDF from Windows 7 on WorkCentre 5645?

1) you have a setting in acrobat reader : auto rotate AND chhose pdf by source type, try those settings :)

2) i think it has todo how your trays are setup

is tray 2 and defined as the same type of paper like plain? then its normal, the machine will take the tray with the highest priority... you can define prioritys in the tools of the machine , or you can also disable auto tray options... also in the tools...

0 Kudos
stevec5088 New Member

@Fabio wrote:

1) you have a setting in acrobat reader : auto rotate AND choose pdf by source type, try those settings :)

I have tried the Auto-Rotate and Center checkbox..  Either way, nothing changes.

Setting the checkbox on "Choose paper source by PDF page size" causes the printed output to come out the size of a postage stamp, centered at the top of a landscape page.

Regardless of setting, I always get an extra blank page, too.

On the Print settings page, the page image shows correctly:  Portrait mode, and full size  8.5x11 view.

There is something TERRIBLY wrong with the driver, or something. When I print to an HP Color LaserJet, the pages ALWAYS print correctly, regardless of setting the Page Scaling, Auto-Rotate, or Choose paper source by PDF page size.

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

have you tried updating drivers? i have a verry good experience with the latest global 5.216.19 PS driver...

stevec5088 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion.  It might help.     The Xerox web site is so huge... could you point me to the drivers?

0 Kudos
stevec5088 New Member

Oh... pretty easy to find...   But wait, there are SIX different drivers!

Are you suggesting this one:

WorkCentre 5665/5675/5687 Support & Drivers

Xerox Global Print Driver

Date: Sep 9, 2011

Version: 5.216.19

Format: WWW

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

thats the one, the global driver , version 5.216.19

stevec5088 New Member

Installing that driver fixed the problem.   Here's what I did:

1. Download the driver file referred to above.

1a click on the "Xerox Global Print Driver" link on the web page

1b  click the "Install from Web" option

1c  Accept the end user license agreement

1d.  Save the file, "Setup.5.216.19.exe"

2. Create a restore point

3. open (run) the file saved in step 1.

4. During the process, it identifies my Xerox printer on a "Discovered Printers" display.

5.  This is not clear, but I had to click to select the Xerox printer and then click Next.

6.  Next window, I allowed it to install the "Postscript (recommended)" driver, NOT selecting  the PCL 5 or PCL 6 drivers.   (Note that I DID try installing all three drivers, which left me with a mess of (4 different) printers to print to in my Print options.  So I did a system restore and started over.)

7.  Once the installation completes, and printing was successful...

In the Windows Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers, I then REMOVED the bad driver, identified as "Xerox WorkCentre 5645 PS".   I kept the newly installed driver, identified as, "Xerox WorkCentre 5645 GPD PS".

So Fabio, I thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

no problem :)

0 Kudos
Moderator PamY-Xerox

Thank You stevec5088 for posting your solution on the forum! This will help out others when they have the same problem. And Thank You Fabio for assisting with the problem!

PamY-Xerox
Community Manager
Thanks,
PamY-Xerox

Be sure to give out Kudos and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Kudos