Hi everyone. My first post here. I don't know how to describe this. It's like the image has been moved or slipped down the page.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong in setting up the printer, but it only prints like this on thin card. This came on an A4 120gsm sheet. 80gsm and 90gsm is OK. At the bottom of the paper when it came out there was a line of toner hanging off the paper.
Anyone point me in the right direction?
Hi, thanks for your reply. It's not rubbed off the page at all, it looks like it's picked up the toner from the top image and dumped/layed/printed it over the bottom image.
What you see there is exactly how it came off the printer.
Ok... the same advice I gave earlier applies. This is a fusing issue that may be corrected with changing the media setting for the paper at the device, or replacing the fuser. The only other cause would be if the media is not supported by the printer.
1. Run some BLANK sheets (of regular paper) thru the machine to clean off the fuser rolls. Do this until the sheets come out clean for several sheets in a row. Then run a single blank sheet thru as a separate job. Make sure it is clean. If not repeat this step until the single sheet job is clean.
2. Once you have clean prints coming out of the printer, load your special paper into the tray and set an accurate paper weight and type at the printer.
3. Run a single page of the job that you had trouble with. If it looks good, Run the rest of the job.
4. If the job in step 3 has the same issue as before, start at step 1 and repeat - except set a heavier weight in step 2.
5. If none of this works, the fuser may need replaced due to damaged rolls.
Based on the fact that the defect is happening at the edge of the sheet (appears to be, based on your uploaded image), it is likely that the fuser is bad.