cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Printing from Google Chrome on macOS with Xerox Accounting

Product Name: Xerox AltaLink C8030 / C8035 / C8045 / C8055 / C8070 Color Multifunction Printer
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi, I am using the latest version of macOS Catalina and Xerox Standard Accounting with the latest version of the Xerox drivers. Printing works fine except in Google Chrome.

Each time I print in Chrome, I have to click "Print Using System Dialog". Otherwise, the job will be sent to the printer without the accounting code and it prints out a page stating "The print job was deleted because invalid accounting codes were entered or accounting codes were missing."

If I print using system dialog, it prints fine. Is there a way to print from Chrome using the accounting code without having to click "print using system dialog" each time?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Printing from Google Chrome on macOS with Xerox Accounting

Use another app to print and before putting in your settings, set the preset to Last used Settings.

Then send the job.

Now go into Chrome and it may send the ID with it that was in the other job, it also may not. The problem here is that until you invoke the system settings, the driver literally never gets used, so the accounting gets left out. There is no actual workaround. But in some cases, people have made the above option work.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos