cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
35351 New Member

Printing issue on 3535 with Creo after moving from one room to another

I have a Docucolor 3535 with Creo which was working fine until I rolled it from one room to another. Now, when I send a job from the Creo, everything seems to be working fine, the Creo indicates the job is printing, the 3535 sounds like it is about to print and then it never does. The 3535 will run for a while, stop and then start again with another attempt to print. Any help will be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Printing issue on 3535 with Creo after moving from one room to another

What does the status/alerts say inside of the Creo software?

Do previously printed pages work when released from the Creo or just the network jobs coming in fail?

Is the date and time right? When moved the BIOS may have reset due to a dead CMOS battery.

3535 does output copies right?

Any chance the cables to the printer are loose or poorly connected, have dust in the ports? Could be the printer shakes a bit when initializing and temporarily breaks the connection.

***The above things are all I can think of for the symptoms with any DFE, there is no way I can get access to a Creo anywhere even close to the age of this one being that it runs on Win 2000, but these things should apply to any DFE.***

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
35351 New Member

The Creo indicates the job is printing. No alert..

Previously printed pages yield the same result - sound like they want to print but never do.

The 3535 will make copies.

One of the printer cables may have an issue. At some point, possibly since initial installation, the screws that hold the cable to the card in the computer have been broken. Is there any test I can perform to determine if this could be the problem? I have tried holding the cable in place while a job is sent with no positive results.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Xerox techs have a thing they plug the cables into for testing, not sure where they get them or if they are proprietary in any way, but due to their specialty, I would imagine the tester is not a cheap tool.

Best bet is to reverse the cable and hope. (Assuming it can be, I can only go by the new ones)

2015-08-20 13.59.40 (Small).jpg

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
35351 New Member

Unfotunately, the cable can't be reversed - 60 pin to 80 pin cable. I called Xerox and was told the cable was a "restricted" item and that I can't buy one. I thought that seemed a little strange. Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

Odd they don't want your money. There are other ways..

Might take some digging to find the right one.

Joe
0 Kudos
35351 New Member

I've got the cable on my ebay watch list. The number was on the cable and I was able to confirm the number from a Xerox parts list. Apparently it's a rare to find cable.

0 Kudos