cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DH_OTC New Member

Printing multiple copies of a custom sheet size 5x7 pinter asks for 8.5 x 11

I am trying to print invitations that are 5"x7" which is a custom size to a ColorQube 8570 printer using Adobe Illustrator.  When I print 1 copy at a time the printer recognizes the proper paper size, but if I try to print 2 or more copies then the printer asks to load 8.5 x 11 letter paper.

I thought maybe it was a one time thing but I went back and forth between 1 copy and multiple copies. Each time I was at 1 copy it would print perfect, but if I had 2 or more copies it would ask for letter paper to be installed.

I tried repeating this using CorelDraw 12 and the printer recognizes the paper size correctly.  I changed the paper size to 5 x 7 in the printer paper size, the driver settings and in the programs.  I thought about converting the art from Illustrator to CorelDraw but I lose too much quality doing this. 

Has this been seen before?  I work for a larger company and our IT department setup the printer and drivers and restrict access to this information so I'm not sure the driver that is currently installed, I have also asked them to assist in troubleshooting this but was hoping to get some suggestions in the meantime.

Thanks for any and all help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Printing multiple copies of a custom sheet size 5x7 pinter asks for 8.5 x 11

Hi DH_OTC,

Thanks for using the support forum. Please make sure that you have the most current driver and firmware for your machine.  Please consult the support page for your machine. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos