cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem with Workcentre 5225

Hello, I am faced with two problems when using the Xerox 5225:
1. When a users printing through WIndows server 2008R2, not all documents are printed - some stuck in the print queue (I tried to change the version of the driver and the size of the documents is not big - doc files ~ 2 Mb) From what it can depend on?
2. Every time after printing a document: the printer status message is opening, how i can disable this feature?

Please help.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Problem with Workcentre 5225

Start > Devices and Printers

Right-click the printer and choose Printer Properties

Go to the Administration tab and disable Job Notification

Capture.GIF

For the first problem there are a variety of causes, so I will list a few, do them in order until the issue goes away, then you will know which thing is causing the problem.

Disable Advanced Printing Features (This will affect printing in no way)

1.GIF

Disable SNMP Status on the port, switch to LPR while in there if not using it now, queue name is lp (Lower case LP) and make sure LPR Byte Counting is disabled too. (This should in general make everything better than before)

2.GIF

Last one is Bi Di, this one will stop the driver from knowing what is loaded in the trays and any live info from the printer, it is the only one here that does indeed have the ability to make things worse.

Just choose Off

3.GIF

Be aware that this will all start making a difference immediately at the Server 2008, but not to the client PC's, I would suggest deleting the printer from the client and re-adding it when the server side is fixed.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
Highlighted

Thank you for the answer.

1. Unfortunetly in my system there is no Administration tab in printer preferences (im using PCL6 driver version). Should i change driver version to become this tab available?

xerox1.jpg

2. I have done all the steps and unfortunetly the problem still exists. When i send document to the printer, it is stucks in printers job queue (not server queue) and message like "Please, check paper tray" appears. (There is a lot of paper in all trays).

It will be great if you can give me some advices.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Analyst Nation Moderator
Analyst Nation Moderator

1. The driver you are using is 7 years old at this point, try the Xerox Global driver.

2. If it is telling you to check the tray it means it requires something that isn't loaded in the trays. This can be from an incorrect driver setting, or an over-ride in an application.

The over ride in Acrobat / Reader is highlighted here (No matter what the driver says, this setting will take precedence:

1.GIF

MS Office products are worse because they are hidden, and Default tray (Automatically Select) in actuality will automatically set the tray that is programmed to be the default tray no matter what is loaded, where Automatically Select will choose the tray that has the right stock loaded automatically.

2.GIF

2.GIF

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe Arseneau
0 Kudos