cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problem with Xerox Workcentre 7425 and drivers in CUPS

Hi, first of all i'm sorry for my english.

I'm trying to create a CUPS server with all printers drivers to deploy that printers by GPO but i'm having problems with Xerox Drivers. I can install the driver, but when I try to enter to properties I got some errors (040:000:0252 and 074:000:0061) and I cannot set the preferences (040:000:0565, the operation cannot be completed).

I've tried with different global drivers (PCL5 and PCL6) and with the original printer drivers but are not working (even i cannot install the original drivers). All other printers drivers are working perfect (drivers, deployment, preferences, print...) but with xerox drivers is impossible.

Is there any way to install any driver in Cups server to allow the deployment?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problem with Xerox Workcentre 7425 and drivers in CUPS

Hi Danixu,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please search for CUPS here in the forum and you will find some information that might help.  Also please look at the CUPS driver installation section starting on page 19 in the System Admin. guide.  If this information does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Highlighted

Re: Problem with Xerox Workcentre 7425 and drivers in CUPS

Finally i can't do it. All the other printers (nine in total) from others brands works perfectly but with Xerox Printer is impossible to use Cups Driver Autoinstall to deploy the printer through Windows users. Even i've changed the printer with another with PS support (7835) and the problem continues.

I've tried the printer on A Windows Server 2003 and works then maybe should be any problem with driver comunication. The strange is that if I Install the driver locally it works perfect even using the cups server. Only fails when i try to store the driver in the server.

I'll continue installing the printer manually, because at least that works.

Greetings!!

0 Kudos