cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Problems with printing some PDF files

Hi there,

I've got a user who prints a lot of pdf files to a xerox WC 7556, from time to time she's tries to print a pdf file and when she releases the documents to print in the printer there's only one page coming out that says:

"The job was deleted because the client requested a printing function that is not available on this system"

I tried the following:

- Deleted and added the printers again

- Print as image

- using Foxit to open pdf and print it ( this worked on a file that previously would't print but the problem came back again with a other PDF)

Anyone who knows what the error message could be, probaly something to do with her setting but I can't find what. She is also the only one within the company who has this problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problems with printing some PDF files

Hello mmooiman.

If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: WorkCentre 7556.

Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hmmm I can't fing any solutions there for the problem. Do you have any information about the error message that is being printed when trying to print some pdf files?

Greetz,

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Please try setting the document to print Black and White and see if that makes a difference.  Make sure you are using the Print as Image in Adobe.  The message you are seeing is not listed in the messages for the printer which leads me to believe it may be something with adobe.  If changing the setting to black and white please consider contacting your support centre. 

Thanks,

CherylO-Xerox

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

This had no affect, still the same issue. Even reinstalled her laptop but no luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xerox Employee
Xerox Employee

The error msg looks like the job wanted to do something that the printer isnt able to do (like stapling without a finisher)

happens a lot with people that installed the global driver and didnt setup the driver correctly (wrong printer of finisher chosen)

would be usefull to have a screenshot of adobe print settings and the driver (through the application)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

We have a Colorcube 9302 and are having a issue printing PDF's.

Within Adobe Acrobat / Reader you can set the page size for printing & within the Xerox printing properties you can also set the page size. The issue is that they seem to work independtly of each other so you have to go into both and make sure they are set the same.

Can it be set so that we only have to set the page size in one location ?

0 Kudos