cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pushing default print settings to clients

I'm using the GPD version 5185.41 x86.  Server is 2003 r2 x86 and clients are xp x86.  I set defaults on the server and save them but they are not pushed out to the clients.  I'm trying to set deuplex and no banner page as default.  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User
Technical Escalation User

Re: Pushing default print settings to clients

Hi,

It should be enought to setup your default settings on the driver installed onthe server. Right-click the driver > Properties > Advanced > Printing Defaults.

There you can setup all you which to go accross to clients over the network. I would also advise you to setup the Printing Preferences (Right-click the driver > Properties > General > Printing Preferences). Here you will see the same screen as before. This will configure your local settings for the server.

After that depending on how you are distributing the printers across the network (GPO, Rep_Services, etc). To test your settings just unistall the driver from a already installed workstation and reconect it to the server.

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

then the default settings are set to only this configured queue.- what can we do, when we would like to set the default settings to 50 or more queues?

thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

hello,

the global drivers have the preconfiguration methoded , maybe you can apply that ?

here is more info how to setup reg files etc ... : http://www.office.xerox.com/support/dctips/dc10cc0466.pdf

0 Kudos