cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolroughin New Member

Redirect Documents in Print Que

Hi.  My place of business has 3 Xerox ColorCube 9203 Multifunctional printers installed on our floor.  My computer is networked to all three. My question: When I send a document to print to one printer (and I'm sending it secured-so that it won't print until I physically go to that printer and key in my password to release it), is there a way to go into the printer que and "redirect" that document to go to one of the other two printers?   I know I can cancel the document and resend it, but I'm looking for a way to redirect it from the print que because sometimes the screen that I printed from is no longer available and a reprint isn't possible.  Our printers are very busy and sometimes when I print a document I have to wait for another employee to print all their jobs, so I'm trying to find a way to quickly redirect my document from that printer to another less busy printer.  Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Just looking to see if this is a possibility.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stromi New Member

Re: Redirect Documents in Print Que

Hi,

I think for these functions you need a "follow me" printing server, this is a systems which stores your print on a server and if you authenticate on a printer it will be sent to this.

There are a few company´s who sell such systems e.g. Stethos, OCE, HP ..... ?

0 Kudos
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Redirect Documents in Print Que

also equitrac uses this...

0 Kudos