cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Repeating passcode prompt

Hi,

I am having an issue with repeated prompts for passcode. I am using a networked Xerox Workcentre 7435, using software over a Citrix server. After repeated attempts to change settings for secure print, including turning off secure print, I still get prompted for a passcode every single time I print a document.

Any suggestions on how to stop the software from asking for a passcode every time?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Technical Escalation User

Re: Repeating passcode prompt

Hi ste_c,

Is the printer installed on a server and than deployed over to clients? If so, on the server, where the printer is installed locally, can you check the secure print setttings to make sure their disabled? Or if you have the same behaviour localy.

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, thanks for replying.

Yes, the printer is installed on a server and accessed by clients. I have been in contact with the server administrator who has disabled secure print through printer preferences on the server. The passcode prompt still appears.

Is there any other settings which may need to be altered?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

the changes should be done on Printing defaults and Printing preferes. If you only use printing preferences, than the changes only apply to the local machine. In this case the print server.

So when a client uses a shared printer it will take the printing defaults from the server driver.

Please select Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you.
0 Kudos