cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Repeating smudge, which does not line up with the defects sheet Brand new printer

Product Name: Phaser 6510
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina

I purchased a brand new 6510 dn, and from the first page, I had this repeating smudge on the right hand side.  I've done the cleaning from the admin menu, and printed a defects sheet, but it does not line up. 

Any ideas?

This printer has 33 copies... so maybe it needs to be broken in?

I am using all the consumables which were installed from the factory.

How it looks on a printed pageHow it looks on a printed pageCompared to the quideCompared to the quide

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Repeating smudge, which does not line up with the defects sheet Brand new printer

It looks like my issues is exactly twice the distance of the Fuser (63mm).  Every second blotch matches that mark. Does that make any sense?

Every second mark lines up.Every second mark lines up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Repeating smudge, which does not line up with the defects sheet Brand new printer

Hi,

It could be from the black drum cartridge. I will recommend you to claim the warranty.

Gabi

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I called earlier today and talked to a great person in tech support that suggested the same thing and offered to send out a black drum at no charge. 

Great service!  I'll install and test when it arrives.

0 Kudos