cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPLCOLL New Member

Replacing Ink Cartridges

Jump to solution

We have a Work Center 7120. The current practice is to replace the black ink cartridge when it reaches 7% and the color cartridges when they reach 10%. It would seem like we could wait longer and get more use out of the ink before replacing it. What would you reccommend? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Replacing Ink Cartridges

Jump to solution

As a Xerox employee, I commend you on throwing away vast amounts of toner with no regard at all for the cost so that they can continue to pay my salary.

You never replace a toner cartridge unless it fails or it empties and cannot be used.

You are throwing away 2200 pages of Black and 1050 pages in color every time you do that.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
CPLCOLL New Member

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your help! At least in the future we will not be wasting anything now. 

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-xrx
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

While I am not certain on the 7120 (haven't seen one in a while)

Typically there would be 3 messages per Toner/Drum

1. Order new toner soon (Make sure you have one in stock or buy one)

2. Replace toner soon (Last chance to do number 1, you still likely will get hundreds of prints at this point)

3. Replace toner now (Put in the toner you have because of 1 and 2, if you don't have one try to blame the new guy ;-)  )

Xerox tries very hard to make sure you don't run out of the supplies because a printer that doesn't print is not making anyone money,

And most machines of that size actually drop toner into a hopper, so when you get the "replace now message" it can keep printing (Not for very long) and just open the front and replace the toner while it is still printing. Granted, that is not an option on all printers, or even the majority I'm sure.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos