cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trlee New Member

Server settings not saving for 1 sided print/black & white.

Product Name: Xerox 7025
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

I have read that we need to go under printer properties --> advanced --> printing defaults and change it there. But I did that for changing the default color to black & white only, and for it to print 1 sided only. But none of the clients computers are defaulting to these settings.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Server settings not saving for 1 sided print/black & white.

Is it a problem with pushing the settings or is it a problem getting them?

The 2 scenarios are this:

You install at server, then at Client, and then you change a setting on the server and see it did not change at the client after the change. (Usually a reboot of the client will pull the change, dependant on group policy, a reinstall may fix)

The other scenario is that you install on the server, and configure the wanted defaults, then install on the client.  This one is known in some versions of Windows 10 with some print drivers

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
trlee New Member

It's a problem getting them. 

"This one is known in some versions of Windows 10 with some print drivers" What do you mean by this?

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

I mean exactly that, there have been drivers and Windows updates that cause that exact problem.

As for previous entries here on this forum, see here and here and here and here.

There are no reported issues when not using the GPD drivers, so just install a native driver for the specific device if you don't want to do a lot of reading.

There is also rumor of an issue where the latest windows build is in some cases breaking printing, it converts your installed drivers to MS Class drivers (this isn't a new thing, every major build does that if you installed the printer via a Wizard installer) but it also breaks a Print Processor that is needed to install a new driver in the regular manner. But I think Xerox only has 2 reported issues on that (so far). Windows Forums have much more though.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos