cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avijohn New Member

Sloppy Printing from Xerox 6015NI

Hello,

My company owns a Xerox 6015NI that we use from time to time to print product labels and manuals and such. Recently, while printing labels the printer has been leaving black ink, almost as if the fuser isn't working properly.

Some things we have done to try and resolve this are as follows:

1: Adjusting the fuser settings in the Admin Settings. We've turned the fuser up and down. We've actually turned it as high as it could go with no success.

2: We've attempted to use the cleaning stick that comes with the printer, we used it where the black toner cartridge is. I had my worker standing there inserting and removing the stick for a good 15 minutes.

3: We've changed the image quality settings from Standerd to Photo.

Another thing I must note is that we are using label paper that is made to run through a laser printer. I attached an image below of what we are getting. Any help would be appreciated

img-150921094714_001.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Sloppy Printing from Xerox 6015NI

Have you tried this?

Does it happen on other stocks or just this one?

What lead you to look into the fuser, is the toner wiping off the page/smearing as well?

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
avijohn New Member

Hello and sorry for the late reply. Yes it happens on all stocks of paper. The toner does smear off slightly. When I turn the fuser up, the problem gets better, but does not go away. I have it as high as I can make it

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

If toner comes off you have a fuser problem, if it does not come off it is typically the imaging unit.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
avijohn New Member

Okay,

I guess my next resort is to contact Xerox over the phone and see what they can do?

0 Kudos