cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Soft Images / Dithering with ColorQube 9301

Our corporate offices just replaced our older Xerox machines with new ColorQube 9301 units. We're a creative agency, and I'm at a loss for the quality of images on the 9301 -- everything is very soft, pixellated and very dithered -- and there doesn't seem to be any way to bypass this "function" of having it take every image, seemingly drop the resolution to 72 dpi and then use dithering as a means of printing the image... whether it's a photograph or a piece of artwork saved as a high-resolution image -- if, for example, the colour of a flat graphic is orange, it will print it as a dither of yellow and red dots -- not a flat orange that it should be (on the other hand, type comes out flat colours as expected).

I've tried everything to see if I can override the defaults -- we switched from PCL drivers to the PS ones and saw that, at least, color accuracy improved, but the diterhing is still a major issue for us -- rendering this printer virtually useless for what we do (print images of the work we produce to get client sign-off). 

I've tried the "High Quality" vs "Enhanced" print setting and there was no visible difference. We've tried "vivid" (it only jacks up the colours) and tried printing from various applications -- same result.

Is there a way to have this printer actually print images without the dithering/pixelating effect as all your previous printers did? Any advice at all? We're at the point where, quite simply, we will have to replace this printer if there's no solution. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Soft Images / Dithering with ColorQube 9301

Hi M3Mike,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please consider contacting customer support for help with this issue.  You may also want to contact your sales person to see if they might be able to help. 

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, just wondering whether you have found a solution to this problem?

We have four of these printers and the print quality is very poor, especially when compared to the output from our 8900 colorqubes.  The strange thing is that quality appears to vary wildlly when the same job is sent to the same queue with identicle driver setting.  Same problem when copying images so pretty sure it's not a driver problem.

These machines are brand new and up-to-date and we've tried every driver permatation thinkable but with no success.

Xerox engineer has been out and tells me they are printing within specification.  This is difficult to accept given that we have 10 x 8900's (half price version using same technology but A4 only) which print perfectly.

Have decided to have another go at searching for a fix otherwise they will be going back and we'll be forced into an alternative.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please contact your local support centre for help with the image quality issue you are seeing.  You can reach your support centre at:

Xerox
Oxford Road
Uxbridge
UB8 1HS
0870 873 4519
0870 900 5501

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos