cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FacesPhoto New Member

Static IP not working and Cannot DCHP

Operating System: Windows 10 x64

My printer has been working on a static IP for 2 years now. the power went out in the building and when it booted up we cannot see the printer. I try to ping the static IP and it fails. The connection lights are still on and blink as if showing traffic. I try to just do DCHP and it fails also. I cannot figure out what is wrong. Please help. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
gabiene Advisor
Advisor

Re: Static IP not working and Cannot DCHP

Hi,

Try to make a direct connection between machine and a laptop (eventually with a crossover cable) with an IP closest and ping the machine. If the machine does not answer it is definitely you have a defective board. It is possible to happened when the power was out.

Gabi

0 Kudos
FacesPhoto New Member

Should I just assign a static close to the laptop? And because it’s an integrated fiery does the fiery have a separate IP?
0 Kudos
gabiene Advisor
Advisor

Yes. Set a static IP in the same class of IP with the Fiery. Eg. if the Fiery have  192.168.1.4, you can set the laptop IP to 192.168.1.5 and the same Subnet Mask

0 Kudos
FacesPhoto New Member

This might be a dumb question but how do I find out the ip address of the fiery?

0 Kudos
gabiene Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

What type of machine and what Fiery?

Print a configuration report and you will see network settings on it ( IP, Subnet Mask. Gateway ).

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Touch the Fiery logo on the All Services or Home screen.

If it isn't there to be chosen, there will probably be "Custom Service 1" or "Loading"

If that is the case, it would mean somebody tried to give the copier itself an IP address manually, the copier will need to be set to DHCP in that case. It will then connect itself to the Fiery, then you can go into the Fiery and set it up to DHCP or to a static IP that can be on your LAN.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
FacesPhoto New Member

Ok I think we are getting closer to the problem. There isn't a fiery Icon. So I clicked Custom Services 1 and it says "An Error occurred while trying to connect to the remote server" I have set the copier to DCHP and it says "DCHP failed"

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Reboot the Fiery (not the printer)

I don't see where you stated what printer, but generically speaking, a bustled Fiery will have a green light on it about the size of a pecil eraser, hold it down until it goes out, then hold it until it comes on, wait 6-8 minutes for it to boot, if it doesn't connect, reboot the printer itself

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
FacesPhoto New Member

I have the C75 with the integrated fiery. I have rebooted the fiery already from the green light and rebooted the printer several times... still to no avail. :( I will try again tho.

0 Kudos