cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Static IP not working and Cannot DCHP

Set the copier to DHCP/Autonet in that case.

Make sure the Fiery at least boots to 00 (This means it makes it past POST, not that it is actually on)

Try reversing the SCSI cable (big one, looks like an old paralel cable with thumb screws)

Make sure the network cable that connect copier to Fiery is a crossover cable, not a LAN cable (colors don't line up when you compare the ends side by side)

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
FacesPhoto New Member

I just rebooted both and it says 00 and still the same error. One thing to note when I put it back to the static IP it had when it was working (10.1.10.130) when I ping that... it returns from 10.1.10.157(which I am assuming is the fiery?) When I ping 10.1.10.157 i get a reply. When I look at my DCHP table or the IP list from my router it says 157 is "DESKTOP-GOSHHM7" which I know all of the computers on my network and its nothing else which leads me to assume its the fiery?

0 Kudos
FacesPhoto New Member

I reversed the scsi cable... and checked it is a crossover cable. Rebooted and the same thing... no connection

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

There would never be a linux based bustled Fiery with a hostname containing DESKTOP.

The reply address is your own IP in most cases. See below

In the command prompt, type arp -a and hit enter, this will map the LAN

Note the Interface address is your PC

1.JPG

So you can see that my PC can see some devices in the 10.30.201.X range, and that there is a device using 10.30.201.20, but there is not one at 10.30.201.21

So if I ping 10.30.201.20 I will get 4 responses

2.JPG

And 10.30.201.20 will get none, as told by my Interface card

3.JPG

But if the ping is outside of my range, I just get a timed out from nothing

4.JPG

So what you are seeing is the expected result of a device that was on your LAN before but isn't any longer.

If you have done everything I listed here exactly, it would mean either the Fiery is crashed and not actually booting (requires a reload, which has to be done via USB key if you can source the software) or bad hardware (The SCSI cable or the port on the C75 it connects to). It won't be Fiery hardware though because it wouldn't make it through POST so it would not be on 00

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
FacesPhoto New Member

Is there a way to determine whether it is the software or the hardware on the c75? 

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator

It can only be the port the SCSI cable plugs into on the C75, nothing else, because otherwise you would not be able to make copies. There is literally no print capability in the C75, it simply has nothing in it to make it a printer, it isn't a workcenter. The Fiery (or Freeflow) is its only ability to do print.

If the ESS-PWB is bad (the scsi port) you would typically have 2 different fault codes, one is 127-2XX (Lost connection to Fiery) and 045-360 (Misommunication in ESS-PWB)

127-2XX(usually it will be 127-211) is expected to occur when the Fiery reboots.

Neither confirms there is broken hardware, but 045-360 implies it might be

Joe
0 Kudos
FacesPhoto New Member

Currently there aren't any fault codes showing even if I reboot. I looked in the fault code history and it shows just a few days ago 012-250. 

0 Kudos