cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Symbol Set PC864

I Have Xerox 5745, 5845,7535 & 7835 M/C and I want to print Arabic via As400 which use PCL symbol set PC 864. How I can download PC 864 to the machine.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Symbol Set PC864

Hi!

I suggest trying the "Font Management Utility" if you need to install new fonts.

And "HERE" is how to change symbol sets.

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I tried this but Symbol Set PC864 is not available in the list. How I can add PC864.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi again!

Sorry, but Arabic does not seem to be supported on any of the machines you have except the 7835 machine.

I suggest using the 7835 printer for arabic, if that's not possible you could convert your document into an PDF and select "Print as Image" in the Adobe Reader while in the printing window.

Best Regards

Kimzi

Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Capture1.JPG

Even in 7835 also not having symbel set 864. See the image. We are printing from As400 web application. We can't convert to PDF.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

HI again!

Sry, I do not have a 7835 machine to test on, but according to the support page thats the only machine you mentioned that should have Arabic support.

It might only be the language supported by the driver.

Do you have anything called (8v) or (10v)?

If not, what about telling the driver to convert the font being used to bitmap? change the settings in the "advanced" tab.

change “TrueType Font” to “Download as Softfont” and “Truetype Font Download Option” to
“Download as Bitmap” and see if that helps?

Best Regards

Kimzi

0 Kudos