cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EssKayKay New Member

Tabloid Printing w/Phaser 7500

Hello,

We recently purchased a Xerox Phaser 7500.  For the most part all is fine.  However, we’re having a problem printing PowerPoint slides on Tabloid (11”x17”) paper (letter sized works fine).

We select Tabloid paper size; then “Scale to fit paper”.  Doing a Preview shows exactly what we want.  The output is similar to what’s displayed, except it does not print to tabloid size.  It prints letter size output on tabloid paper.  There is a large 2”+ white border around the image.

If we select “Other size” from the Paper option, then define Output as Tabloid and define Original Document Size as Tabloid (after receiving warning “Document size is generally specified by the application”), it prints to the outer limits of the paper.

We have numerous other printers and copiers from other vendors (HP, Lanier, Canon, Savin, etc.) in other departments that work fine.   That is, when we select output “Tabloid”, it prints the entire document on 11”x17” paper with very limited border.

My question:  Is there some setting on the Xerox driver that will perform as with all others?  Or must we always select Other Size; then go through the convoluted selection process?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

SKK

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Fabio Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Tabloid Printing w/Phaser 7500

yes, thats the way xerox handles this... too bad

0 Kudos
EssKayKay New Member

Re: Tabloid Printing w/Phaser 7500

OKAY – after doing much more testing and downloading a few other Xerox drivers (most being older), here’s what I’m seeing.

From PowerPoint, if I use the latest Phaser 7500 driver and select paper size Tabloid, it will print on 11”x17” but leaves a large white border.  It defaults to Original Document Size of Letter (8.5”x11”) and in essence prints letter size on tabloid sheet.  I have to select Print > Property > Paper > Other Size > Original Document Size > Tabloid to get it to print full sheet.  As long as you remember to do this, fine.  But for some users who do this infrequently, once they select Tabloid they assume they’re good to go (just like they do with all our other printers).

Now, if I use an older driver (say Phaser 7400 or 7760), in most instances, all of the above works great.  I select a paper size of Tabloid and it prints the entire document on 11”x17” - perfect.  Except, it doesn’t do this for MS Word – PowerPoint and Excel work fine.  MS Word always defaults to Letter (8.5”x11”) and only prints on 8.5”x11” paper.  What gives?

I really hope Xerox gets this resolved soon, since I was the one who chose the 7500 over a few other brands (namely HP); I’m getting a lot of flack from co-workers.

Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SKK