cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmatheti New Member

Tabs Printing on Xerox

Hi,

Does any one know how Xerox machines prints tab dividers? If I generate a page throug programm wiht the tab divider dimensions, and send this job to (4112)machine with tray settings as Tab stock(106-216gsm) and Autosize detect paper size, will it works? 

How to give auto size detect for Bypass tray?

Will there be a way to load Tab dividers in the same as is instead of putting them in reverse order to load in tray ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Re: Tabs Printing on Xerox

Hi Jmatheti,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for programming tabs.  Auto detect for tabs will only work from trays 3 and 4 please see this solution for setting trays for tab stock.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
sxtnjms New Member

i am having a similar problem with printing on tabs on a 5665. i have the machine set up to use 9x11 tab stock and pre cut tabs. but when ever i go to print/copy to the tabs the machine prints just below the tabs at the edge of the paper.

Was wanting to make a new thread but have not seem a button to post a new thread.

0 Kudos
cotes New Member

I'm having issues trying to print divider tabs using a Xerox Color 560 printer.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Community Manager CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Hi Cotes,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. Please take a look at the solution for printing tabs.  If this does not help please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Yacht Risk New Member

Re: Tabs Printing on Xerox 7855

Hi Cheryl,

For our new WorkCentre 7855,  I have not been able to find specific information for TAB printing/set up/templates for this equipment. 

Unfortunately, the Xerox Trainer nor Installer did not have the technical knowledge regarding this subject matter on the new installation.  Our company had switched over from a very reliable "Competitor" Imagerunner that had tab printing capability.   

For the last few months, our office has been able to print onto 5 bank tabs from the ByPass Tray 5 using my existing Word template by selecting the cardstock, 9x11 paper size from the new 7855.  It was working perfectly. 

Then, the unit started jamming the tabs in the fuser unit . A Service Tech came onsite, pull out the fuser/made adjustments, and advised this equipment could not print TABS: I find this hard to believe because we were successful in printing TABS. Could the adjustments the tech made been too "tight" possibly as well?   Since then, our office has been unable to print any TABS directly from the machine.   

If you may be so kind to provide any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Tech was right, you can't print tabs, and you won't find instructions because the printer does not support them.

What you were doing was programming the paper as something it was not (Cardstock 9*11). And then telling the program / driver to print on that.

Jams are an issue in these circumstances due to multiple factors, but if you were to choose "Heavyweight Cardstock" it would be more likely to run if thickness is causing the jam.

That leaves sizes, you have 5 sheets in a 9 bank tab, but the middle one (tab 3) is 9 inches wide in the middle where the size sensor is, and tabs 1,2,4,5 are all 8.5 inches. So the machine  will see 2 different sizes when it should only see 1, and in that case it will shut down the job as it believes there is a timing issue, this would be referenced as a jam, and it thinks it stopped one from happening. In this scenario, which is the norm, you would find paper throughout the machine, and not 1 piece is damaged, because it stopped the run.

So try the heavier stock setting for the tray.

Brand is nothing, some machines models print tabs and some do not. Xerox has a multitude of devices that print tabs just fine, but the one you have does not. That applies to all brands.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
Yacht Risk New Member

Joe,

Thanks for your speedy reply.  I have tried the heavy cardstock as well, but did not have success, but will re-attempt.  Would there be any additional solutions/tips?  e.g. Are there any drivers that need to be installed?  Is there a preferred output tray for the tab to minimally loop thru the printing mechanism? 

May you also suggest comparable Xerox 7855 models that will print on TABS? 

Thanks.

Best regards,  Michele 

0 Kudos
Yacht Risk New Member

Addendum: Annual estimate of tabs printed ~7500.
0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Probably the best bet would be a 560, you get faster speed and you should be able to get one at a reduced cost since it's successor is already out (C60), it has all the same features with exception to Airprint/MOPRIA support, but either of those could be emulated via a PC or Mac with free, or low cost software running if needed.

Closest by price and matching feature to feature is the 9302/9302, but that is solid ink , not toner.

But I can only speak for printers that I have pesonally used.

Here is a comparison of the models I mention, as the 560 is nearing end of run I could not include i...

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe