cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clogan98 New Member

The difference between JPG and PDF

Recently, we had some quality issues printing full color 11x17 posters on our XEROX WorkCentre 7665.  There were several faint white lines running the full length of the page.  We placed a call with service, who came out, replaced a number of consumables, and literally took apart the whole thing and cleaned out the entire machine.  She then printed some tests, they looked clean, and she left.  Right after she left, I sent the posters again, and yep, same faint white lines running the full length of the page.  I called Xerox back and she came back.  We talked for a bit, and she convinced me to produce a PDF from the JPG file, which I did.  When I send the JPG we get white lines, when I send the PDF, no white lines.  Yikes.   This is pretty much confusing to me, as the lines are either there or they are not.  I am pointing the finger here at Xerox, maybe the print driver or something.  In any case, once again, we have to implement a "workaround" in order for us to print. I find this unacceptable and believe that someone should address this issue and tell me why it is this way.  Anyone out there wanna take a stab at what might be causing this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kimzi Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: The difference between JPG and PDF

Hey you!

It's probably caused by the compression made when saving the image as jpeg, what about saving it to another format such as tiff or png?

Best Regards

Kimzi

--------------------------------------------
Please remember to select "Accept as Solution" for posts that helped you solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
germandude Member

Re: The difference between JPG and PDF

What Software are you using to print JPEG or other Image based Filetypes?

I implemented Qimage and Adobe Photoshop CS4 (rather old version but the licensing is cheap in comparision to the CreativeCloud version) to print on varios Xerox machines and other 17 x 24" printers we have.

egg. Qimage will prerender any image to the native printer resolution by blowing the resolution up to the specific value.

professional printing is not just simply pressing buttons, there is always a workflow behind it and one must follow it to get reproducable results.

I guess even Xerox has some tools up in there sleve, maybe give them a call and ask them.

0 Kudos