cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMACJAC New Member

“The job was not printed because the XPS option is not enabled”

Jump to solution

Client just installed a WC5945. Getting this error when printing from a Pharmacy software called Omnicell. Any ideas how to resolve?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: “The job was not printed because the XPS option is not enabled”

Jump to solution

That error typically means a class driver is in use on Windows 8 or 10.

Check the installed printers, if there is one that is XPS, or a "Class Driver" remove it and grab a PS driver from Xerox.com for the device.

Your printer does not support XPS unless you paid for that feature, and Windows 8 and 10 both use it as a default in their embedded drivers

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos
Highlighted
houser New Member

Jump to solution

I'm getting this same error on our Xerox WorkCentre 7830 printer and when I contacted sales I was told to just download the drivers from your site.   They said this feature did not need to be enable via an installation key.

What I'm finding is that downloading the drivers from your site and adding the printer doesn't resolve the issue.

So....... I guess I'm confused as to why this page tells me that I have to pay for the XPS feature, and your sales rep tells me I don't.  Any guidance you can give would be great.

0 Kudos
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Jump to solution

XPS is a paid option, no question.

Remove all Xerox print drivers from whatever Windows OS you are running, then install the PS driver from Xerox.com (Make sure it is v3, not v4), And make sure this highlighted area is not checked when installing or you will not be asked to use the driver you just downloaded and extracted to c:\Xerox

Capture.GIF

Restart and print and the job will not give that error unless the application in question is not using the driver at all.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe