cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbatlev New Member

Toner capacity Phaser 3020 - not as expected

Hello,

I have bought a printer Xerox Phaser 3020 and a new toner cartrige http://www.office.xerox.com/product-resources/106R02773/roro.html

In the description is written: 

Capacity1,500 pages1

1 Average standard pages. Declared Yield in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Yield will vary based on image, area coverage and print mode.

I managed to print around 900 pages (only text without any graphics or pictures) with the default printing configuration as provided from the xerox drivers. After 800 pages, the toner capacity was at 0%. After another 100 pages the printing quallity become very poor, so I changed the toner cartrige again.

Is it normal to print so little number of pages? The discrepancy between the declared capacity and the number of the printed pages is too big for me. I understand if there is a discrepancy from 100-200 pages, but 600 pages gap is far too much.

Is it possible that the cartrige was bad or defectiv?

BR - Todor

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Analyst Nation Moderator Joe053204-hcl
Analyst Nation Moderator

Re: Toner capacity Phaser 3020 - not as expected

Your output sounds more like the starter cartridge supplied with the printer from manufacturing with a new printer. Was this a purchased toner from Xerox directly or was it prepackaged with the printer?

The starter cartridge is estimated at 700 impressions, and you got 800-900.

Please be sure to select "Accept Solution" and or select the thumbs up icon to enter Kudos for posts that resolve your issues. Your feedback counts!

Joe
0 Kudos