cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamess111171

Tray 1 paper mismatch

Product Name: WorkCentre 3335/3345
Operating System: Windows 10 x64

Please help, this is driving me mad!  Been running the workcentre 3335 printer on windows 10 for around 6 months with no issue. Just installed the latest windows 10 updates and now all I get is an error message saying tray 1 printer paper mismatch, and can't print. I have check and set up the paper in the properties section on the computer. I then get the error that the drivers aren't available, so I've downloaded and reinstalled all the driver from the xerox website, and it still says drivers unavailable. 
Ive gone onto the printer to try to get to system set up, and the option is not available.  Can anyone advise before I aim the dam machine out the window?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Tray 1 paper mismatch

Hi James, 

Thank you for using the Support Forum. First uninstall the drivers for your WorkCentre 3335/3345. Reboot the computer. Install the latest driver.  Once reloaded make sure that you can ping the printer from your PC.  If it passes the ping test move on to trying to print.  Make sure before you print that you remove the paper from the tray and reload, make sure you program machine with the size, color and type of paper. Then make sure the same type, size and color are programmed in both the driver and the program you are printing from.  They must all match for it to print correctly.  If this does not help, please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

Kentman1966

I have this exact same problem.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the print driver but it makes no difference.

I keep getting error message "resolve tray 1 mismatch" but the paper in the tray (white a4 is exaclty as on the options selected).

I can copy and I can print from USB but I currently cannot print from a computer or othe device.  It says "paper error" in addition to the error message on the printer.

I have contacted Xerox support last week who could not suggest anything.  They said they would get a quote for an engineer to attend but I have neard nothing.

0 Kudos
CherylO-Xerox
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi Kentman1966,

Please call them back to follow up or ask for a supervisor to get the quote.  

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos
Kentman1966

I have managed to fix the problem by changing the drum cartridge.  This seems to have fixed everything.

Kentman1966

I spoke too soon.  The problem has returned!

0 Kudos
sueyoung

Any luck since the problem returned.. same issue here, on a xwc3335.

0 Kudos
Jamess111171

I rolled back my version of Windows, uninstalled the drivers and rebooted the machine. I then reinstalled the drivers and the problem went away. God knows what's going to happen when I'm forced to go to the next version of windows. My solution isn't ideal a Xerox should resolve for all for free, not charging for an Engineer!

0 Kudos
sueyoung

Not acceptable at all!   I'm at win10 21H2, I can't roll back, post secondary institution.. This is a xerox issue and should be resolved by them.  It's global from what I can see in my searches.  

I'll update you if I get any headway!  Tks.

0 Kudos
Kentman1966

What I have found is that occasionally, for some reason the PC (Win 10) is sending the wrong info to the printer re paper size.  The printer won't simply over ride this and print with the (A4) stock that is loaded, which is unfortunate.

Even when you turn the printer off and on and job stays in it.

You can delete the job from the printer through its menus.  Once doing that the printer will work again.

When printing docs I am checking very carefully that on the PC I have selected A4 paper size and if the problem recurrs I will se if it is only from Word or from PDFs opened in Edge etc.  I suspect it may be an error with one application.

But it is a pity the Xerox can't bypass this anyway and use the stock that is loaded.

I got this far with amazing help and advice from a company called Printerland.

0 Kudos