Do you have a firewall that may be blocking 9100?
Have you tried using LPR instead of RAW?
One more thing. I changed the port settings as you requested and rebooted the computer. Still no response from the printer. See picture below.
See below for photos from my computer. Really stumped on this one. Gary
(I am unable to upload screenshots right now but will try later)
Visually check the printer port settings in Win10
1. Using Win10 search feature, type 'printers' into the Search field, and press Enter.
2. Select 'Printers & scanners' from the menu (should be at top, and probably already selected).
3. Find the C400 printer in the list of printers, and left-click it
4. Choose 'Manage'
5. On next screen, select 'Printer properties' (left side)
6. On the General tab, near the center of the tab (vertically), you should see 'Model'
7. What does it say to the right of this 'Model' label? Write it down.
8. Now nagigate to the 'Ports' tab
9. Look for the selected and checked port entry in the list
10. Under the Description column, does it say 'IPP port' or 'Standard TCP/IP Port'?
11. You want it to say 'Standard TCP/IP port'
12. If it does say 'Standard TCP/IP port', then click "Configure Port' button.
13a. Ensure that 'Printer Name or IP address' field points to the IP address of the Xerox printer.
13b. Look for typos and verify that it matches the device IP exactly (print a config sheet on the device to compare this to).
14a. Make sure that the Port Settings dialog looks like the picture below (with the exception of your actual IP address and Port Name).
14b. Protocol = RAW. Port Number = 9100. SNMP Status Enabled = checked. Community Name = public.
15. Reply with the answer to #7
16. Also let us know whether all of this checks out correctly.
The jobs do not show up in a queue; they just disappear.
Which queue are you referring to?
* The Windows print queue?
* Or the C400 queue at the C400 user interface?
I assume you mean the C400 UI queue, not the Windows print que for the C400 printer.
Based on my assumption, my next suggestion would be to look at the Windows print que for the C400 printer to see if there are any pending jobs stuck in the que. This will prevent jobs from leaving your computer and reaching the printer.
Here is a link to give you steps to open the print que and inspect it.
If you see print jobs in this que, manually cancel them one at a time...
1. Right-click the document name of the job at the top of the list and select cancel. This my not happen immediately, so be patient.
2. Do this for each of the jobs found in this que until they are all removed or until the jobs begin to print at the printer and disappear from the print que on their own.
Let us know what you find out...
Thanks for your response. I used the web interface and all is good. It seems Windows is talking to the printer. But no jobs actually get printed, they just say they are getting printed. I even changed the ethernet port on my motherboard in case there was an issue with that. I believe I am using a standard IP port, I have an IP address. Not sure how not to let windows 10 install the printer. I have downloaded the Xerox smart start to a thumb drive and ran the install program from there. I have noticed that the other devices that actually do successfully print call the printer in the Xerox print and scan experience app a "Versalink C400 PS-2" and my computer in the same program calls it a "Versalink C400 PS" without the -2. Not sure why there would be a difference or if that is even relevant. How would I install the smart start program outside of windows? I have tried to use explorer to install and this did not make a difference. Nothing I do will let me actually print; it only says that I have printed.
I have had a C400 for several years on my home network connected via Ethernet. It has worked flawlessly during that time. I have all the latest drivers for both my desktop computer and the printer. The issue is the printer will no longer print the jobs that are sent to it. The jobs do not show up in a queue; they just disappear. It only happens from my desktop Windows 10 computer. Other computers on the home network either on ethernet or wifi print just fine on the C400. My jobs just disappear after the computer says they are printing. I have reinstalled all drivers and restarted the printer to no avail. I am unable to get anything printed from my desktop no matter what the application is and there are no jobs just sitting in the queue. Extremely puzzling behavior. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.