We recently got couple of new Xerox AltaLink machines, specifically C8030 and C8045.
When users try to print documents with long names (30 characters or more, according to one of our tech support guys) red colored code will be printed instead of a job itself (see attached image as example). We haven't had that issue with older Xerox WorkCentre 7830.
I've tried troubleshooting issue multiple times, I suspect it is somehow connected to Bi-Directional communication. Disabling it manually and by editing PPD itself did not produce even results, sometimes documents will print, sometimes I get the same code page. Also I noticed that this happens more often in Apple built-in apps, such as Preview for example.
Firmware of both machines latest, drivers as well. Any suggestions?
Solved! Go to Solution.
That issue tends to be caused by cloning across devices (Like from the 78XX to the AltaLink)
As for "Latest firmware", the term is nearly useless, you need to provide actual versions.
The latest General releases is 101.XXX.008.27400
The latest Spar release is 101.XXX.029.03810
I explain this in detail over here,
If you have issue with taking the word of a forum user, I am an employee of Xerox and that post was Blogged by Xerox here
So I would highly advise if you are not actually on the latest firmware, grab them and install them, even if on just one as a test, be sure to upgrade via the tool installer.
Moving on to Apple Apps, good luck, read this.There is no end in site at this time to the issues Apple has caused with Library validation, although your issue isn't related.
If I am right on the clone scenario, an update via the tool my resolve it without data loss, but I fear an Altboot may be required here. If that is the case, choose one of the 2, have it Altbooted and set it up from scratch, verify it resolved the matter and clone it, then do the other device and use the clone to set it back up. Or take the time on the first to set up Fleet Orchestrator
Thank you for this information. I was able to solve the issue with SPAR software update.