cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gafana04 New Member

Upgrading firmware on Xerox Color 570 - Possible?

Product Name: Xerox Color 570
Operating System: Not Applicable

I have a Xerox Color 570.  There are a few obvious bugs in the operation of the printer:

1) When the stacking tray gets full, even though I empty it, it will print a few pages then say the stacker is full again.  It doesn't seem to reset properly after emptying the stacker.  The only fix is to reboot the printer.

2) If you print something from the manual feed Tray 5 but the paper isn't there when you submit the job, the printer says the tray is empty and you can't leave that alert.  Even when I add the paper and click the button to start the job, it gets stuck on that screen and won't proceed.  I have to cancel the print job and resubmit with the paper already in Tray 5.  NOTE: This doesn't happen when tray 5 runs out of paper and I reload, only when you send a job and tray 5 is empty from the start.

I assume these are firmware bugs and have been fixed, I just dont know where to get the latest firmware (Can't find online) or the steps to upgrading it.  Since it's an older machine, everyone I talk to at Xerox or local service centers all seem to shrug their shoulders.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gabiene Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: Upgrading firmware on Xerox Color 570 - Possible?

Hi,

You will need a Xerox tech because maybe is needed to do an NVM initialization.

Machine software can be downloaded from:

https://www.support.xerox.com/support/xerox-color-550-560/file-download/eneg.html?operatingSystem=wi...

but if your machine have the same version, also you will need the tech with PWS and Software Dowload Tool.

To install fimware with USB thumb drive, download the software from xerox.com, create a folder on the USB named dwld, copythe software to the dwld directory, insert the USB drive into the USB connector on the front panel of the machine,turn on the power while pressing the Energy Saver button until Download Mode is displayed. The download will begin and the UI will display TRANSFERRING. When the download is complete the machine will reboot.

Gabi.

0 Kudos
Gafana04 New Member

Following up on this. I followed the link your provided and the firmware listed is 55.40.61. However, my color 570 has system version 55.42.63. Seems I already have a newer version than listed. Is that right? How is this possible if the latest version listed on the Xerox site appears to be an older version?
0 Kudos
gabiene Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Hi,

Try this firmware.

0 Kudos
Gafana04 New Member

Thank you, that looks good. Only concern now is on the download page it says windows 10 only but the EX 570 for the color 570 only runs windows 7. Is this a problem or I can ignore this and upgrade anyways?
0 Kudos
gabiene Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

There is not a problem. It is about the operating system of your computer.

0 Kudos