All users at a remote facility are suddenly unable to print to the Xerox Workcentre 5740; however they can scan and copy. Whenever a user attempts to print to the Xerox, the print goes through to the copier, the user types in his or her code, then an error notice prints out: saying that the job was deleted due to invalid accounting IDs.
All users are using Windows 7 x64 or x86 and Windows 8 x64 and are using the Xerox Networking accounting option with their copier codes saved within the printer preferences.
Yesterday, I noticed that the copier was set to the wrong time, about six hours before the current time. Although NTP was set, I had to call a user onsite to change the time at the machine to the current time (the time on the copier is now about 2 minutes behind the current time). The machine rebooted, and in hopes of fixing the invalid accounting IDs error, the issue still persists...even this morning.
And now as I'm writing this post, I find this:
[Is this related to the issue? I don't recall anyone from my IT team changing this setting.]
ALL users were able to print to the copier as of one week ago, and now all of a sudden no one can print. If anyone can tell me how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your help.
UPDATE #1 [9:02 AM Central Standard Time]: Under "Description & Alerts" in the browser, the NTP error reappeared: error code 017.570.00 [17-570 Network Time Protocol (NTP) communication failure; machine time may be inaccurate. User intervention is required to verify Network Time Protocol server configuration, operability, and machine time. The machine is available.] I will check this...
Solved! Go to Solution.
If you have not already resolved this issue, we suggest you search our online knowledgebase for this product: WorkCentre 5740.
Alternatively, you can visit our Contact Us page for other support options.
IT Manager instructed me to adjust the time in person on the machine in question, and come to find out, the machine time was 6 hours behind, causing the "invalid IDs" error to occur. This issue is now resolved. Thank you.