cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the (Windows server) registry or WMI via PS to find printers without secure print?

Operating System: Windows Server 2012 x64

Hi, we have attempted to force secure print on all of users as cost saving initiative.This is done via Windows print servers.

What we are finding is sometimes this is getting switched off accidently or when print servers are migrated not getting done properly and going back to old defaults.

I would like to write a PS script to parse all the servers/print queus to make sure our policies have been followed. However I cannot seem to find the registry key (or WMI setting?) that would tell me secure print is forced. Would anyone happen to know where the registry key or setting for this might be stored?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Using the (Windows server) registry or WMI via PS to find printers without secure print?

Hi JarvJarv,

Thank you for using the Support Forum. The only thing I could find that might help is a document on sharing drivers .  There is also information on coding at the Customer Tip site.   If none of this information helps then please consider contacting your support centre for further assistance.

Thanks,
CherylO-Xerox
Community Manager

Be sure to click Kudos for those who have helped you.
Select Accept as Solution for posts that have helped to solve your issue(s)!

0 Kudos