I have a WC6605DN Color Multifunction printer. Once a month I get called to fix vertical lines in print. The printer is functioning as it should in every way except these dark grey/black lines in the print. I have no on-screen errors or warnings. It is this same situation that I walk into once every month or three weeks.
Here is a list of facts I have noticed.
- When this happens, of course, the transfer belt looks dirty.
- When I take out the belt and blow it off, the print gets better for a page or two but the lines/streaks come back.
- The fuser is clean and functioning correctly.
- All the rollers and guides are good.
- All the glass is clean. (Network printing is probably 75% of this unit's workload)
- The problem persists past changing out the transfer belt assembly (though it takes a month for the issue to resurface).
- The problem persists past changing out the waste toner cartridge.
I started doing my own troubleshooting and noticed over the months that my waste toner box was not filling up. It has stayed on 100% for some time now. That leads me to the transfer belt assembly. In the transfer belt assembly there is a little auger that carries waste toner cleared from the transfer belt over to the waste toner box. I noticed that every time I got a call for streaks, that little auger was full of waste toner. Also, when I take the transfer belt assembly out and empty that little auger by turning the gears by hand, the issue takes longer to re-appear. There is one more thing that I have tried. I have the luxury of having a fleet of these printers. One of the other printers became available and I put it in place where I was having this issue. A month or so later.....Streaks again. Same model: 6605DN, same office, same network port, basically just a different serial number.....SAME ISSUE. I have put full maintenance kits with Imaging units, transfer belts, fusers in both the 6605's mentioned here. I have a few units that do not duplex and they don't seem to have this issue. I also have a couple of these units that have never needed a maintenance kit yet. They don't have these issues either. All maintenance kits were Xerox Brand.
Is there a known issue with these transfer belt assemblies for the 6605? Or, is there a known issue with the 6605 regarding this type of problem?
Yes it is an issue with the cleaning system of the transfer belt who not proper eliminate the waste toner. I saw some 6605, 6655 with the same problem and the solution was to disassembling and cleaning the cleaning unit.