Can you confirm that this issue only exists if you print from OSX 10.9 if you print through a Windows print server instead of directly from Mac to Printer?
Hi everyone, hoping to get some insight on how to fix this issue:
When printing to a Xerox ColorQube 9300 from any 10.9 Mac, the print job just sits in the queue and takes 5-10min to actually get sent to the printer. We use Windows 2008 R2 print servers, so the Xeox is installed using the LPD method. The job is being slowed on the OS X side.
What I've found during troubleshooting:
1. Only happening with any version of 10.9 (10.9-10.9.5)
2. Any of the 10.9 compatible Xerox drivers
3. Even a simple "Hello" txt doc will have this issue.
4. IPP and direct IP socket printing is fine.
5. Using the "generic postscript" driver is fine (but no color)
6. If you look at the cups queue during printing, you see many little 1Kb jobs being generated for that printer on the client. Those will continue to be generated even if you cancel the print job.
7. OS X 10.10 Yosemite does NOT have this issue.
I have tried everything I can think of. Any ideas would be greatly appreicated!