cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

WC 5225A & GPD on Server 2008 R2

I am building a Server 2008 R2 print server for XP & 7 machines to use and am attempting to install a WC 5225A queue using the GPD v2.1 of PCL6 & PS via a Standard TCP/IP port.  I've created the printer using the "Add Printer Wizard", the "Install from Web" and manually by creating a new printer in Print Management.

The problem is the queue only ever detects Letter as the only available paper size despite the device having Tabloid available.  Looking at the web interface of the device tray 1 is Letter, tray 2 is Tabloid and tray 5 (bypass tray) is letter.  But on the General tab of Printer Properties under "Paper Available" it only shows Letter.

On the Options tab, Options Settings, Device Options, Configuration, I have tried Basic Printing Mode, WorkCentre - Black and White, WC 5225 & WC 5225A.  None of them have worked.

On the Configuration tab, Installable Options, Paper Trays are set to 3 Trays.

My current print server is Server 2003 with a 5225 specific driver and it shows Tabloid as an available paper size.  I have two other models of Xerox's to install and was hoping to use the GPD for all of them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

Re: WC 5225A & GPD on Server 2008 R2

have you also enabled bidirectional setup in the configuration tab?

also is snmp enabled on the port tab if you click on configure port?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.

Affirmative on both.  Bi-Directional is set to Automatic (using default public/private strings for now and device is set accordingly) and port is configured for SNMP with public as the string.  Queue status shows up properly as the device currently is reporting (correctly) Toner/Ink Low.

Since my original post I have added a WC 5030 using the same GPD and it too doesn't show the additional available paper sizes of tabloid and legal.

On the 5225 I have confirmed I can successfully print to the 11x17 tray from both the printer preferences and from within a program (I tested Excel and under page setup selected tabloid and it came out of tray 2).

Another question while I'm here... is it recommended the ports be configured as RAW or LPR for Xerox devices?  The rest of my printers are HP and I always use RAW.  During my various methods of installing the Xerox (on the Server 08 R2) the port has always been configured as RAW.  On my Server 2003 box I always ran into issue and therefore used LPR.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Advisor
Valued Advisor

i always setup lpr, its much better and and a more stable port :)

also if you goto advanced, unchec "advanced printing features" , that way your spool file is also better... but unchecking that option can causing that you cant print booklets anymore with PS driver

0 Kudos